Saturday, July 4, 2020

Citizen of the Earth


Last week, on the 28th of June, I woke up with a smile on my face. Why? Because every 28th day of month was my little celebration of being on Erasmus! That day I was always having a little throwback to what had happened during past couple of weeks.

Tydzień temu, 28 czerwca, obudziłam się z uśmiechem na twarzy. Każdy 28 dzień miesiąca był moim małym świętem erasmusowym. Tego dnia patrzyłam wstecz i zastanawiałam się, jaki był ten kolejny miesiąc na Erasmusie.

The 28th of June was actually more special. That day it had been six months since I had my new tattoo with the shape of the map of the whole world.
This one is really important for me and it has a lot of meanings but one of them is very special.

28 czerwca był jeszcze bardziej wyjątkowy. Wtedy minęło dokładnie pół roku, od kiedy mam mój nowy tatuaż w kształcie mapy świata.
Ten tatuaż jest dla mnie bardzo ważny i ma kilka znaczeń, które razem składają się w niezwykłą całość. Jednak jedno z nich jest szczególne.

The idea of it came to me when I was in France, where I met a lot of people from different parts of the whole world. I got to know a huge amount of new nationalities, cultures, languages and religions, and one day I thought hey, isn’t that beautiful that even though there are some differences between us, we are all the same?

Pomysł powstał we Francji, gdzie spotkałam mnóstwo różnych osób, z najróżniejszych zakątków świata. Poznałam wiele narodowości, kultur, języków czy religii, i któregoś dnia przyszła mi do głowy myśl, że mimo różnic występujących między nami, wszyscy jesteśmy równi.


That day I decided to create a tattoo which would represent this idea, the map of the whole world, a symbol of beauty of diversity.
While talking to somebody, the nationality, colour of the skin, language or religion doesn’t matter. When I got this tattoo I realized that actually all the borders between countries were necessary to make all the administrational stuff easier for governments of every country but apart from that only ocean or sea can separate us.

Tamtego dnia postanowiłam zrobić tatuaż, który będzie przedstawiał mapę świata, symbol różnorodności, ale i równości.
Rozmawiając z drugą osobą, jej narodowość, kolor skóry, język, czy religia nie mają znaczenia. Robiąc sobie ten tatuaż, doszłam do wniosku, że granice są tylko formalnym tworem potrzebnym do funkcjonowania państw, ale poza tym jedyne co może nas dzielić, to ocean lub morze.

The place, where I have this tattoo, wasn’t chosen by accident. I decided to make it above my right ankle, because my legs bring me to every single part of this world which I discover and explore.

Miejsce tego tatuażu też nie jest przypadkowe. Wybrałam prawą kostkę, bo moje nogi prowadzą mnie w każdy zakątek świata, tak bym mogła odkrywać, poznawać i eksplorować.

Beside that we all have a nationality, we are all Citizens of this World and we create it together. The differences in cultures, traditions, habits or religions make this world beautiful and more interesting which makes me feel excited about discovering it.
The World without those differences wouldn’t be as colourful as it is right now.

Poza tym, że każdy z nas ma swoją narodowość, wszyscy jesteśmy obywatelami świata i razem ten świat tworzymy. To właśnie różnice w kulturach, językach czy religiach sprawiają, że świat jest jeszcze ciekawszy i bardziej egzotyczny, co wyzwala we mnie ogromną chęć odkrywania i poznawania nowych miejsc.
Świat bez tych różnic nie byłby tak piękny i kolorowy jak teraz.

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.