Saturday, August 7, 2021

Going through a change



The only sure thing in our life is a change – small or big, for better but can also for worse. Sometimes we would like the things to stay the same, never change, but actually it’s an impossible wish. Everything changes, no matter what. There are people who like that, it makes life more interesting for them. But there are also those who prefer stability, so when something changes, they want to quick. No matter our feelings and attitudes about changes, they are always present in our life and they will always be.

Jedynym pewnikiem w życiu jest zmiana – mała lub duża, na lepsze, ale też i na gorsze. Czasami lubimy się przywiązywać do osób, miejsc, przedmiotów, ale żadna z tych rzeczy nie jest tak pewna, jak fakt, że wszystko może ulec zmianie. Bywa różnie, czasem lubimy zmiany i pożądamy ich, czasem ich nie lubimy i uciekamy przed nimi. Mimo naszych osobistych odczuć, zmiany są nieuniknione i zawsze, ale to zawsze będą częścią naszego życia.

I’m going through a transition right now, there are some big changes to come. At first, I felt like I was staying in front of a huge iceberg, with a very slippery surface I have to go up to the top. First reaction? Ha, you’re kidding me, I’m out. I needed a distance. And then it turned out that I also had to confront my fears.

Jestem teraz w takim momencie życiowym, kiedy czekają mnie wielkie zmiany. Na początku czułam się tak, jakbym stała przed górą lodową o bardzo śliskiej powierzchni, po której miałam wspiąć się na sam szczyt. Moja pierwsza reakcja? Ha, niemożliwe, nie ma opcji, żebym się wdrapała. Potrzebowałam dystansu. I jak się później okazało, konfrontacji z własnymi lękami.




Last weekend I had the chance to see the performance of my friend, Gosia Mielech, called FearLess. While watching her dance on the stage, I realized that I was trying to escape from my fears. I was sitting in the auditorium and feeling more and more my fear but at the same time a release. Then I understood that I was afraid of all those changes to come, that’s why they looked like a huge ice mountain, very slick, dangerous and uncomfortable. After this performance I was sure that those changes were and still are needed.

W miniony weekend miałam ogromną przyjemność zobaczyć spektakl FearLess Gosi Mielech, która swoim ruchem i tańcem uświadomiła mi, że uciekam przed moimi lękami. Siedziałam na widowni i z każdą kolejną chwilą odczuwałam coraz większy strach i odpuszczenie równocześnie. Wtedy zrozumiałam, że bałam się tych wszystkich zmian, dlatego wyglądały one jak góra lodowa nie do wdrapania – stroma, śliska i nieprzyjemna. Po spektaklu poczułam, że zmiany są mi potrzebne.

A change can last a second – once you decide to drink a glass of water instead of a cup of coffee with sugar. Clap, change done! But it can also be a very long process, which lasts days, months or even years and needs a big effort, going out of the comfort zone or even a run out of it. At first we’re always afraid of it but when the fear slows down and we wake up the courage to change, every one step after becomes easier.

Zmiana może trwać chwilę – zamiast kawy z cukrem wypijecie szklankę wody. Cyk, zmiana! Ale może to też być długi proces, przejście z jednego punktu do drugiego, co wymaga czasu i nakładu energii, a czasem nawet wyjścia, wręcz wyskoczenia lub wybiegnięcia ze strefy komfortu. Na początku się boimy, ale jak już oswoimy strach i obudzimy w sobie odwagę do zmian, to każdy kolejny krok stanie się łatwiejszy.

In this performance, that I mentioned before, you can hear some sentences from the fear litany, Duna “I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer”. Those two phrases fell in my memory and now they become my strong mantra that I repeat every time when I need courage to make a decision or confront my fear. I can already tell you from my personal (and very fresh!) experience that those words can really help you and bring you the courage you need.

W spektaklu, o którym pisałam wyżej, pojawią się słowa z litanii przeciw strachowi z Diuny „I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer”. Te dwa zdania najbardziej zapadły mi w pamięć i są teraz moją mantrą przed podjęciem decyzji, przed zmianą, przed wyjściem ze strefy komfortu. Mogę powiedzieć z własnego, świeżego jeszcze, bo sprzed kilku dni, doświadczenia, że te słowa naprawdę pomagają i dodają odwagi.




I think that in the near future, I’ll tell you more about those changes. If you, like me, are in transition right now and you’re facing a huge change, just remember you’re not alone! Give yourself time and space, good luck guys :)

Myślę, że w najbliższym czasie opowiem Wam o zmianach, które się u mnie dzieją. Jeśli też jesteście w momencie małych lub dużych zmian, to wiedzcie, że nie jesteście sami! Dajcie sobie czas i przestrzeń, powodzenia :)

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.