Saturday, April 23, 2022

Third episode transcription



Can’t believe it’s already the third episode of my podcast! Time flies incredibly fast. This time I would like to talk about living alone, because it’s been a year (yeah, a year!) since I moved out from my family house and decided to live alone. Well the reason why I moved out is quite personal so I’m not gonna talk more about that but here’s a small story about my moving out.

Long story short

I decided to move out on the 1st of March 2021 and I moved into a new flat, actually a studio, on the 11th of March… that was fast. At the beginning I felt okay but then I had some small emotional issues with the fact it had happened so fast. My first flat (yes yes yes, there was a second after but let me lead you through this story) was in a very high building and I lived on the 10th floor. The most incredible thing was the view which was magical. I could’ve spent hours watching the sunset every day. It was a nice flat, small but enough for me. I couldn’t really put any photos on the wall or something but I tried to make it more „mine” with some plants. I lived there for 6 months and then (surprise!) I moved out to another flat. Well, that was crazy. Fun fact, once I was looking for something on the Internet and I found an article titled “Moving out twice, are you insane?”. Yes, I’m insane. I do still live in this new flat tho and I’m not planning on moving out for now.



Things I like/don’t like in living alone

+ there’s nobody disturbing my routine
+ there are only my things in the fridge
+ I feel very comfy and independent
+ nobody judges my mess
+ I can sing, dance and walk in my underwear only which is very comfy

- sometimes I feel lonely
- there’s a very loud silence which I can’t stand
- the feeling of not being at home
- if I don’t clean up, nobody will do it for me

Actually, most of the time I spend out of my flat anyway – I’m working, meeting my friends, going for a coffee, etc. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel at home in this flat because it’s not mine. Well, I already feel better than I used to before so I guess I’m on the right path to work through this feeling!



Things I’ve learned and some tips for you!

1. I need to plan things – if something needs to be cleaned, I have to plan when I’ll do it because if not, then it becomes a dreadful I-will-do-it-tomorrow task.

2. I need to make a grocery list because either I forget what I wanted to buy or I buy more than I expected…

3. If there’s a task you can do in 5 minutes, do it! Put the laundry in the machine, take it out after, throw away the garbage, vacuum. You know what I mean.

4. Try to make this place more yours – I have a lot of plants and I put some lights on my window which makes the ambience more cosy.

Hope you like this podcast episode/transcription! Would love to know what other tips you have, you can write them in the comments below.

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.