Saturday, September 19, 2020

Being sentimental


I’m a quite sentimental person, I love going back to what I experienced some time ago, remembering some events or throwing back to the past while reading my journals. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I have tears in my eyes and sometimes I’m really sad seeing that it’s not like this anymore.

Z natury jestem dość sentymentalną osobą, lubię wracać do tego co było, wspominać jakieś wydarzenia, cofać się w czasie czytając moje dzienniki. Czasami taki powrót do przeszłości wiązał się ze śmiechem, czasami ze wzruszeniem, a czasami z niemiłym uczuciem zawodu, że teraz już tak nie jest.

Recently I had a throwback to my life on Erasmus and I was comparing it to what I have now. I saw only differences which made me feel sad because I was feeling like at that time my life was better than it is right now. On the one hand I knew that comparing those two situations didn’t have any sense but on the other hand I felt more and more unhappy.

Ostatnio miałam taki czas, że ciągle myślałam o tym, co przeżywałam rok temu na Erasmusie i porównywałam to do sytuacji, którą mam teraz. Ciągle szukałam jakiś różnic i tylko utwierdzałam samą siebie w przekonaniu, że wtedy było lepiej, a teraz jest gorzej. Z jednej strony wiedziałam, że takie porównywanie nie ma sensu, ale z drugiej zagłębiałam się w tym uczuciu smutku i przygnębienia.


I think that I’m not the only one who has these moments in life, and maybe some of you can match your feelings with mine. When I have this kind of sadness I always try to resolve the problem with a talk to somebody else who can have a different point of view. This time I also talked to some people and so I heard a lot of beautiful things that I want to share with you guys.

Myślę, że nie jestem jedyną osobą, która miewa takie chwile, i może wśród Was też są osoby, które mają tak samo. Ja w takich momentach zazwyczaj rozmawiam z kimś, co często pomaga mi w zobaczeniu danej sytuacji czy problemu z innej perspektywy. Tak też było i tym razem, dlatego postanowiłam podzielić się z Wami tym, co usłyszałam od innych.

First of all, comparing our life in the past and now actually doesn’t make any sense because in every single moment we were surrounded by different circumstances, so it’s quite difficult to compare two totally different things, even though it’s still the same life.

Przede wszystkim porównywanie życia w przeszłości i teraz nie ma sensu, bo każdy moment naszego życia charakteryzował się innymi okolicznościami, trudno jest więc porównywać coś, co jest zupełnie inne, nawet jeśli to jest cały czas to samo życie.


Second thing is a different point of view – instead of thinking about what we had in the past that we don’t have right now, we can think about the richness of memories we already have in our heart and in our mind. Then instead of sadness we will feel gratefulness for what we have experienced, seen, felt and gotten to know.

Druga rzecz to spojrzenie z innej perspektywy – zamiast zastanawiać się nad tym co było kiedyś i czego już teraz nie ma, pomyśleć o tym, jakie mamy bogactwo wspomnień, ile pięknych chwil czy kadrów z danej sytuacji jest w naszym sercu i głowie. Wtedy zamiast smutku pojawi się wdzięczność i radość z tego, co udało nam się przeżyć, zobaczyć, poczuć i poznać.


My mom is always saying that I’m very lucky with what I have already experienced and what memories I have in my heart. She’s right, because memories are actually very valuable and sometimes we forget about how precious they are.

Moja mama zawsze mi powtarza, że jestem szczęściarą, skoro mogę wracać do tak niesamowitych momentów w moim życiu, mogę przypominać sobie piękne chwile spędzone z niezwykłymi ludźmi. I ma rację, bo wspomnienia mają ogromną wartość, o której czasem możemy zapomnieć.


With this beautiful warm feeling, positive energy also comes to our heart and this kind of curiosity about what's going to happen in our life – every single day can be an opportunity to create new memories. It can be a smell of fresh coffee in the morning or fresh air which comes into our room, maybe the first colourful leaf, a sign of coming autumn or a smile of a beloved one. There’s an infinity of opportunities like that and as we are the creators of those unforgettable moments, it depends on us which moment we would like to keep in our heart.

Wraz z tym rozlewającym się ciepłem przychodzi pozytywna energia i taka ciekawość, co jeszcze może nas spotkać – każdy dzień może być okazją do kreowania nowych wspomnień. Może to zapach kawy o poranku albo świeży powiew rześkiego powietrza po otwarciu okna, może pierwszy kolorowy liść, który będzie oznaką jesieni albo uśmiech bliskiej nam osoby. Możliwości jest nieskończenie wiele, a jako że sami jesteśmy twórcami tych momentów wartych zapamiętania, to od nas zależy, jaka chwila zostanie z nami na dłużej.

with love
Basia

P.S. All those photos are taken by my older sis, here you can find her instagram to see more.


Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.