Saturday, May 7, 2022

Forth podcast episode - April faves and life lessons



As April has finished it’s time to sum up this month and go through those beautiful (and sometimes tough) moments again to see what happened and how it was. April was both amazing and difficult but in the end I was grateful for all the things that happened even though they had not been that easy. Let's see how April was!

1. Podcasts & series to recommend.

So let’s start with some easy things. In April I discovered a new podcast which is called ‘the matcha diaries’ and it’s amazing – two girls talk together about everything. Each episode has a main topic and girls go through it sharing results of the research they did. Also, what I love the most, is that they always do a ‘catchup’ on their week and it feels like you're sitting next to them and having a conversation. Another podcast that I actually found a little bit earlier is ‘growing with the flow’ which is also very cool but unfortunately the creator decided to focus on her YT channel so she doesn’t upload anything anymore. But all the episodes that you can find are very interesting!

When it comes to series I did a huge throwback to ‘Friends’ that I love from the bottom of my heart. Literally. This series is a-ma-zing. And with my boyfriend we’ve started to watch ‘Sex and the city’ which I also like. Two big classics!




2. Savory breakfasts.

Everybody knows that I'm the oatmeal queen but recently I decided to try a new type of breakfast which is savory protein breakfast. Basically I eat sandwiches with hummus, greens and veggies but I can’t tell you if I see the difference because there were some days when I ate oatmeal or something else so my research is not done yet. Oh! One breakfast has to be shown! It was a French breakfast when my honey came to visit me and we prepared a French breakfast with Polish ingredients, haha! It was so tasty, I loved it.

3. Time with my darling.

Speaking of my boyfriend, it was also a huge highlight of this month. We see each other once a month which is cool but still, once a month is not that often obviously. So he came for Easter and we got to spend that time together, walking around, appreciating the spring weather, visiting my family and friends and having a good time together. It passed so fast that I don’t even know when the time went away. But I'm gonna see him soon so I’m beyond excited!


4. Walks in the park.

April is a mix of all types of weather – sun, rain, clouds, wind, snow you name it. But there were some sunny days and so I decided to walk in the park nearby. Walking in parks is wonderful – you’re surrounded by green color, by singing birds, by nature. Highly recommended if you’re looking for a break, a ‘you-time’, a physical activity!

5. First iced coffee this year!

Yes, yes, yes! Already drank my first iced coffee as the weather was so nice and warm! And you? Actually, when it comes to coffee, what kind of coffee do you like?

6. French lessons, sharing my passion.

Probably you saw on Instagram (if you don’t follow me, check my account here!), every Tuesday I share some French stuff in French on my story. This project helps me find some new students because I’m a freelance French teacher. In April I found some new people looking for French lessons and I consider it as my small success of this month!



7. Life lesson.

And now some serious stuff. Let’s do it chronically. In March I decided to apply for a master degree in France. I did research and found universities and faculties I was interested in. I found the application form and all the necessary information for the application process. You have to know that in France you need to have a lot of documents to apply for studies which in my opinion makes it even more difficult to apply. I sent mails to get to know if I can do it or not. One of the people who I had written to, asked me to have an online meeting. I was stressed but I prepared myself for questions he would ask. And then, during the meeting he told me that it was very cool that I wanted to apply but I didn’t have a lot of chemical experience and so it would be difficult for me to apply for this exact faculty (which was combined with a job in the chemical company). Not gonna lie, I was more than just sad after this talk. I felt like I had wasted my time at chemical faculty instead of doing French stuff (see, I use more French now than my chemical knowledge). I talked to many people – my sister, my boyfriend, my friends – and they all told me that it wasn’t the end of the world and I was still young to find out what I wanted to do in life.

And that’s the thing. Sometimes we’re freaking out at a young age because we realize we do something that we don’t want to do but there are adults in their 40s who change their life by 180 degrees and start their own business. It’s not easy to go through this process of thinking but at the end of this journey you’ll be grateful for making this decision.




And that’s everything that I wanted to tell you! Let me know how your April was! Any new discoveries? Maybe a nice trip? Share your stuff in the comments!

with love
Basia






Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.