Sunday, June 11, 2023

Life at uni



June is actually the end of the academic year, but (!) it is the most intense period, as there is the exam session. That’s why I decided to write this post - to talk about mixing work, study and life in general, because after all, you still need to rest. As I write this, I have 4 exams left, two of which are pretty big, and one oral exam still to come. All of this combined with teaching French, a driver's license (yes, you read that right, I've started to do my driving license!) and an English course... a lot of stuff :p so how do you live your life with all of this together?

Czerwiec to tak naprawdę koniec roku akademickiego, ale (!) jest to najbardziej intensywny okres, jako że jest sesja. Stąd mój pomysł na napisanie tego posta – żeby opowiedzieć o godzeniu pracy, nauki na studia i życia ogółem, bo przecież trzeba jeszcze odpocząć. Pisząc ten tekst mam przed sobą 4 egzaminy, z czego dwa całkiem spore, i jeszcze egzamin ustny, co łącze z prowadzeniem zajęć z francuskiego, prawem jazdy (tak, dobrze czytacie, zaczęłam robić prawko!) i kursem angielskiego… trochę tego jest :p więc jak to wszystko razem połączyć?


Let's start with studying - the key here is to plan it before! It's even better to write it down in a calendar - then you can be sure that you’re gonna study (well, more or less). I also recommend organizing the place for studying - I'm a person who prefers studying OUTSIDE the house, because then I'm tidying up my home all the time, I’m really focused on studying, but you can be different. In addition, I like to study with someone (cheers to Daria, who is the best study partner ;) ) - we tell each other about what we read, take notes together, explain and so on. I feel like I'm at a scientific conference and this vibe helps me a lot.

Zacznijmy od nauki – kluczowe jest tutaj jej zaplanowanie! Najlepiej nawet zapisać to w kalendarzu – wtedy prawdopodobieństwo, że rzeczywiście zajmiemy się nauką wzrasta kilkukrotnie. Polecam również dostosować miejsce do nauki – ja jestem osobą, która świetnie uczy się POZA domem, bo wtedy nie zajmuję się domem, tylko nauką, ale wy możecie mieć inaczej. Dodatkowo lubię się uczyć z kimś (pozdrawiam serdecznie Darię, która jest najlepszym partnerem do nauki ;) ) – wtedy opowiadamy sobie nawzajem o tym, co czytamy, wspólnie notujemy, wyjaśniamy i tak dalej. Czuję się jakbym była na konferencji naukowej i ten vibe pomaga mi się skupić.


What's next? Work - I ‘m really lucky with my work, because I’m planning it every week as I’m teaching French online so I decide when I have classes and when I don’t, but I have to somehow combine it with my studies. And here the calendar also comes helps a lot! Combining work and study requires organization, so I recommend sitting down and writing down a plan for the next days/weeks and putting together work with studies.

Co dalej? Praca – akurat mam tę wygodę, że dostosowuję sobie swoją pracę, to znaczy ustalam dni i godziny zajęć, jednak musze to jakoś połączyć z nauką. I tutaj z pomocą również przychodzi kalendarz! Łączenie pracy ze studiami wymaga organizacji, więc polecam sobie usiąść i zapisać plan na kolejne dni/tygodnie łącząc pracę ze studiami i nauką.


And what about life? Hehe, it fills the space between work and studies ;) We need to go shopping at some point, cook dinner, make breakfast and also still rest and go to bed at a normal hour. It is known that the time of the session sometimes bends the rules of a healthy lifestyle, BUT this does not mean that we should force ourselves and study after nights drinking one coffee after another, because our eyes close over the books. Here we need to listen to ourselves and push a little bit and also let go a little bit. Sometimes I set an hour until which I want to sit and study and as much as I can do, I do, and then I go to bed. And as for meals I save myself with meal prep and simple meals to make in 10 minutes max! There's a lot of cool inspiration on the Internet, so I recommend searching around and making yourself a few meals for three or even four days.

And that's it! How about you? How's your life at uni? Good luck for your exams!!! Corssing fingers for you :)


A co z życiem? Hehe, wypełnia przestrzeń między pracą a studiami ;) Trzeba kiedyś pójść na zakupy, ugotować obiad, zrobić śniadanie i najlepiej jeszcze odpocząć i pójść spać o normalnej godzinie. Wiadomo, że czas sesji czasem nagina zasady zdrowego stylu życia, ALE nie oznacza to, że mamy się katować i uczyć po nocach pijąc jedną kawkę za drugą, bo oczy nam się zamykają nad książkami. Tutaj trzeba posłuchać siebie i trochę się zmobilizować, a trochę odpuścić. Ja czasem robię tak, że wyznaczam godzinę, do której maksymalnie chcę siedzieć i tyle ile zdołam zrobić, tyle zrobię, a potem idę spać. A co do posiłków to ratuję się meal prepem i prostymi posiłkami do zrobienia w 10 minut maksymalnie! Jest dużo fajnych inspiracji w internecie, więc polecam poszperać i przygotować sobie kilka posiłków na zapas.

I to tyle! A jakie jest wasze studenckie życie? Jak żyjecie w czasie sesji? Trzymam kciuki za egzaminy!!!

with love
Basia

PS Here are some other posts that may help you! Stress, planning stuff, tips for studying!

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.