Saturday, August 12, 2023

July moments & August plans


It’s already a tradition on my blog that whenever I publish a podcast episode about last month's essentials I write an English version of this podcast episode for my blog. On one hand it’s for my English speaking friends so they can also enjoy this part of my content but on the other hand it’s a good moment for me to go back to all those beautiful moments and reflect on my new month plans. So here we go with some beautiful moments from July and cool plans for the rest of August!

July essentials

July was an “internship month” so it was all about my internship at a cosmetic laboratory. Actually I did more paperwork but still I was very happy I could help the team and my work was really needed. All in all I’m happy with what I’ve learned! And a little bit upset that I didn’t have enough time to see the real laboratory work but still. Experience is experience and what you’ve learned is good whatever it was.


It was also a month of a new challenge – I’ve started my driving license! If you follow me on Instagram, you could see it was really a challenge for me. I mean I had some ups and downs (as everybody) and learned a lot about myself too. For example I thought that I had already overcome this “you must be perfect in this in two seconds” but actually I still expected myself to be perfect at driving after two lessons… so it was a good moment for me to rethink and reconstruct my inner voice. My driving course is not over yet but I had to stop for a while because of my August voyage!


What else? It was a moment of some food goodies! In Poland we have a kind of a… sweet bun? Muffin? I don’t know what to call it but it’s like a bun filled with blueberries and we call it “jagodzianka”. It’s de-li-cious! And if you have a chance to try it, try it! Also it was a moment for my first iced latte :) ah what a beautiful month with amazing food! I think that summer is my favorite time of the year when it comes to food and fresh veggies and juicy fruits… love that.

August plans

On the 3rd of August I took a plane to come to Vienna. It was one of my favorite moments because it was the beginning of my vacation and the beginning of a very long moment that I’m going to spend with my beloved one. Being in a long-distance relationship makes you look for some opportunities to live together. I’ve already had this chance twice – for the first time it was in September 2022 when we went on a trip together for three almost four weeks and then in February 2023 when I had a longer break in between my studies. Having this opportunity to come to Vienna and actually live there is a huge thing and I’m very grateful for that! So what I’ve planned for this time?


Well, as I had a memory of me in February feeling lost in my routines and everyday life, I decided to plan my days, more or less, so I have some checkpoints that can help me organize myself and give me a feeling of having a purpose on an everyday basis. I wrote down all the things I can do during the day and I try to put them in my routine but without any pressure that “I must/have to/need to”.


Also I will come back to Poland for my birthday and then for one week at the end of August. Once I wrote down all the plane tickets I had already bought or still needed to buy and wow it was a real list of trips. And you know what? I’m very proud of myself to have this opportunity. It's a self-appreciation moment to tell myself “you did well and you’re doing well, congrats!”. Do you do it for yourself too? Highly recommended, self-applause is needed and it gives you this feeling of accomplishing a great job. Actually inner appreciation is more needed than this outer one. Okay I need to stop this Basia Coello talk, haha :p

That’s it for today, hope you had a great time in July and have an amazing time in August! Cheers!

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.