Saturday, March 4, 2023

Mind-body/body-mind relationship



The fact the mind affects the body is something I have always known. Many times I have felt the effects of stress and other emotions in different parts of my body, and most of the time I have been aware that if I have a stressful time or an intense one with a lot going on, sooner or later it will influence my health. But I often forgot, and in fact I still forget, that this relationship works both ways, which means my body can affect how I feel mentally.

To, że umysł wpływa na ciało wiedziałam od zawsze. Wiele razy czułam skutki stresu i innych emocji w różnych częściach ciała i przez większość czasu byłam świadoma tego, że jeśli mam stresujący czas albo intensywny i dużo się dzieje, to prędzej czy później to się odbije na moim stanie zdrowia. Ale często zapominałam, i w sumie zapominam nadal, że ta relacja działa w dwie strony, to znaczy moje ciało może wpływać na to jak się czuję.




I wrote a bit about the first relationship in this post. Both emotions and what we say to each other have a huge impact on how we feel physically (mentally too, by the way). By having a negative and depressing dialogue, our body will respond with the same - negative feelings and lack of energy, which is not a supportive or a good practice for us. Hence there is so much talk about the internal dialogue that happens in the mind. Good words and positive messages reflect on the physical condition – I’m sure it’s been already a subject of scientific research which can prove this theory.

O tej pierwszej relacji pisałam trochę w tym poście. Zarówno emocje jak i to co do siebie mówimy ma ogromny wpływ na to jak się czujemy fizycznie (psychiczne zresztą też). Prowadząc negatywny i dołujący dialog nasze ciało odpowie tym samym – negatywnymi odczuciami i brakiem energii, co nie jest wspierającą i dobrą dla nas praktyką. Stąd tyle się mówi o wewnętrznym dialogu, który dzieje się w umyśle. Dobre słowa i pozytywne komunikaty odbijają się na kondycji fizycznej – na 100% istnieją badania potwierdzające tą teorię.




This second relationship is often forgotten, at least I think so. I have been forgetting it lately, but now I’m sure that my body was affecting my mood. I wondered where my negative thoughts were coming from, why I didn't want to do anything or why I was upset. The answer turned out to be trivially simple - I was hungry, tired or I didn’t sleep enough.

Ta druga relacja jest często zapominana, a przynajmniej tak mi się wydaje. Ja ostatnio o niej zapominałam, a moje ciało ewidentnie wpływało na moje samopoczucie. Zastanawiałam się skąd mi się biorą negatywne myśli, dlaczego nic mi się nie chce albo dlaczego jestem zdenerwowana. Odpowiedź okazała się banalnie prosta – byłam głodna, zmęczona lub niewyspana.




What does it give us? The awareness that we have control. By taking care of our internal dialogue so it’s good for us, but also by taking care of nourishing our body, we really gain a lot. There's a reason why we say in a healthy body a healthy spirit! :) so let's take care of ourselves and hug ourselves daily and put all those nice compliments like a cream on your face!

Co nam to daje? Świadomość, że mamy nad tym kontrolę. Dbając o dobry wewnętrzny dialog, ale też dbając o odżywienie ciała zyskujemy naprawdę dużo. Nie bez powodu mówimy w zdrowym ciele zdrowy duch! :) więc dbajmy o siebie i tulmy się codziennie i smarujmy komplementami <3

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.