Saturday, March 5, 2022

authenticity



Smiling, successful *click* photo already taken, shared on Instagram, done. Crying, with tears in the eyes – not good to take a photo, better hide and say nothing. With acne on the face, still half asleep, without makeup – okay never mind, just put the filter on the photo and it’s better now. 15 seconds of a day, a small small small part of twenty four hours. Everything we see on the internet is just a grain of everyday life. It’s just a well-chosen part of a day, only a moment. But still we compare ourselves to each other, to those little moments shared on the internet.

Uśmiechnięta, z odniesionym sukcesem – cyk, robię zdjęcie na relację na Instagramie, udostępniam, poszło. Zapłakana, pociągająca nosem – nie robię zdjęcia, chowam się, nie mówię o tym. Z trądzikiem na twarzy, zaspanymi oczami, przebarwieniami – spoko, nakładam filtr i już buzia jest gładka, nieskazitelnie czysta. Piętnaście sekund z całego dnia, tysięczna część doby. To, co widzimy w internecie jest tylko ułamkiem codziennego życia. Pokazuje wybrany wycinek, dosłownie chwilę z tego, co się u nas dzieje. A jednak każdy z nas łapie się czasem na porównywaniu do innych, innego życia, innej chwili, tych zaledwie kilku sekund.

Authenticity is a huge topic – a lot of people, creators, artists, bloggers and influencers try to show that life shared in social media doesn’t look like this. They try to show the real, authentic and true life. It’s not about talking about everything in your life, we still need privacy and there are some things that have to be unsaid and unshared, but for me it’s better to share the truth and not be fake.

Autentyczność to teraz głośny temat. Jest wiele osób – twórczyń, artystów, blogerek i influencerów – które starają się pokazać, że nie wszystko, co widzimy w internecie, jest prawdziwe. Stawiają na autentyczność i prawdę. Wcale nie trzeba mówić o dosłownie wszystkim, co się u nas dzieje, ani zdradzać swoich problemów zdrowotnych, rodzinnych, związkowych, przyjacielskich i innych – wystarczy nie udawać, że jest lepiej, niż faktycznie jest.

That’s what I try to do here on the blog, but also on my Instagram. I try to talk about all the things I have in my mind and share my point of view. There was a moment when I was overwhelmed and tired of everything and I wrote a post about it. There was a moment when I was sad after saying goodbye to my boyfriend at the airport and I decided to share how I dealt with it. And there was a moment when I was irritated and frustrated by the situation in my country and I decided to talk about it too. Life is beautiful but it can be hard, harmful, difficult and this is what I try to show.

Sama staram się tak robić tutaj, na blogu. Mówię o tym, co mi przychodzi do głowy i pokazuję swój punkt widzenia, z którym wcale nie trzeba się zgadzać. Był moment, kiedy nie miałam na nic siły, więc o tym napisałam. Było mi smutno po pożegnaniu mojego chłopaka, więc postanowiłam napisać, jak sobie z tym radzę. Byłam wkurzona i poirytowana sytuacją w moim kraju, więc też o tym opowiedziałam. Życie jest kolorowe, ale czasem bywa też trudne i staram się to pokazać.

I’m glad that there’s more and more people who talk about this, about authentic life without a filter on it. These days , when we spend most of our time on the internet, authenticity is precious. Maybe it’s not about showing your very private life and private problems, but I think it’s better to tell the truth that you’re not feeling good at the moment instead of saying that life is perfect and you’re fine as always. That’s my point of view. How about you? What does authenticity mean for you? Is it possible to be true on the internet? Show your point of view.

Cieszę się, że coraz więcej osób o tym mówi i pokazuje swoje życie z różnych stron, przede wszystkim bez filtra. W dobie internetu autentyczność jest na wagę złota. I nie chodzi tutaj o to, by pokazywać siebie ze strugami łez, ale o to, by nie mówić, że jest dobrze, kiedy wcale tak nie jest – a przynajmniej ja wychodzę z takiego założenia. A czym dla Was jest autentyczność? I czy uważacie, że autentyczność w internecie jest w ogóle możliwa?

with love
Basia

Post a Comment

© Primineers. Design by FCD.